When I found this garment in my local thrift shop I thought it was a strapless dress. When I got it home and tried it on, it was apparent I had purchased a skirt. No mind. I hauled out my trusty uni-suspender and MADE it be a strapless dress - so now it's a skress, wearable as a skirt or a dress.
Details of the outfit
- skirt (skress) called "Modern Day Geisha" in "Watercolour Print," Spring 2012 sample, Debbie Shuchat design, with tags, retail $195. Moi? $15
- black boat-neck under T, thrifted
- uni-suspender worn halter style, made it
- quilted cotton biker jacket, sample sale
- red wool beret, thrifted
- black tights, retail
- ankle boots, retail way back
- magic loupe and pendant, O made them for me
This skirt feels all silky wonderful and it was made in Canada. I love the bias cut and twirliness. Swish, swish, swish, oooh, feeel my legs! Even the earthworms came crawling out to see this promise-of-spring skress.
This outfit will just squeak in for Patti's fantastic Visible Monday. Yay!
I have been invisible in the blogging world recently. I'll be in and out for the next month or so as well...duty calls. Also, I just realized that a couple of days ago marked one year of exposure on my blog. What a scary step it was starting Bag and a Beret. Tremendous hugs to all of you for making this such a rewarding experience!! You guys are the BEST! I'd like to do a Thoughtful post, but it must wait...Still you all shine and shine and shine. Stay warm or cool, as the case may be... And stay GORGEOUS!